Mid-Michigan Data Center
Our Mid-Michigan data center is strategically located at the intersection of the I-69 and I-75 corridor. Originally built by EDS as General Motor’s disaster recovery data center, we invested more than $1M in upgrades to provide secure, compliant enterprise-class cloud hosting, colocation, offsite backup, and disastery recovery services.
The 32,500 square-foot hosting facility includes 22,500 square feet of raised 24-inch floor space and 10,000 square feet of furnished, power-protected workplace recovery space.
The Mid-Michigan data center is geographically separated from our other three Michigan data centers and our Indianapolis data center, which helps ensure ideal production, data protection and disaster recovery solutions.
The Mid-Michigan data center is independently audited on an ongoing basis with annual reporting by UHY LLP for the following standards:
- SOX Compliance (SSAE 16/SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3)
- HIPAA Compliance (OCR HIPAA Audit Protocol)
- PCI DSS Compliance
- Dual utility feeds from separate substations via diverse paths
- Three sychronized generators, with onsite fuel
- Pooled UPS system provides more than 1,600 KVA of conditioned power to the data center floor
- High-availability power runs diverse power paths to each server
- All generators are tested and maintained on a regular weekly and monthly schedule
Network and Connectivity
- Core routers and switches are resiliant against multiple path failures providing a highly available network for your servers
- Multiple Internet Service Providers (ISPs) with diverse fibers feed into the data center
- Private Gigabit connection to our Ann Arbor data center 53 miles away, ideal for data replication and disaster recovery.
- High-availability dual Cisco-powered network provides redundant network connections to the server.
- VLAN configuration isolates each client from all other clients' equipment
Building Safety and Security
- All critical equipment is N+1 with full redundancy across core network and security systems
- Dry pipe fire suppression system with state-of-the-art laser particle counting technology
- Multiple levels of physical security with two-factor authentication to gain floor access
- Digital video surveillance with 24/7 recording activity
- 400 tons of cooling capacity with full N+1 redundancy