Ann Arbor 1 Michigan Data Center
Our first Ann Arbor data center is located south of Ann Arbor, Michigan, in Avis Park. Close to several major highways and just minutes from the University of Michigan, this facility offers an ideal location for high-availability production and disaster recovery.
The 10,500 square-foot facility includes 7,500 square feet of 12-inch raised floor. It offers high-availability fiber Internet connectivity and high-availability heating and cooling systems.
The Ann Arbor data center is geographically separated from our Metro Detroit, Mid-Michigan and Indianapolis data centers to provide ideal production, data protection and disaster recovery solutions. At the same time, the close proximity to our second Ann Arbor data center allows us to provide ideal, low-latency availability solutions.
The Ann Arbor data center is independently audited on an ongoing basis with annual reporting by UHY LLP for the following standards:
- SOX Compliance (SSAE 16/SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3)
- HIPAA Compliance (OCR HIPAA Audit Protocol)
- PCI DSS Compliance
- Natural gas and diesel generators provide emergency power
- Liebert UPS battery backup systems provide 100% clean and conditioned power
- High availability power runs diverse power paths to each server
- All generators are tested and maintained on a regular weekly and monthly schedule
- Multiple Internet Service Providers (ISPs) with diverse fibers feed into the data center
- Redundant Gigabit network provides capacity on demand
- Private Gigabit connection for data replication to our Mid-Michigan data center 53 miles away.
- High availability dual Cisco-powered network provides redundant network connections to the server.
- VLAN configuration isolates each client from all other clients' equipment
- All critical equipment is N+1 with full redundancy across core network and security systems
- Dual-stage dry pipe fire suppression system with a double interlock pre-action design
- Multiple levels of physical security with two-factor authentication to gain floor access
- Digital video surveillance with 24/7 recording activity
- 120 tons of cooling capacity with full N+1 redundancy
- Heat mitigation configuration includes a 12-inch raised floor, 10-foot finished ceiling, and hot/cold aisle configuration