IT Support Technician
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Company: Online Tech, LLC
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
InfoPro Research shows the hosting and cloud computing market will grow to 340% of its current size by 2020. Online Tech, one of the Midwest’s leading hosting providers, is poised to take advantage of this significant growth. Online Tech is a leader in secure, compliant, enterprise-class hosting. We deliver a full range of hosting solutions from colocation to private cloud computing from our five audited data centers across the Midwest.
We’re seeking a highly energetic team member who’s passionate about technology with great people as well as technical skills. Our IT Support Technician will be based at our HQ location in Ann Arbor, MI, reporting to our Operations Coordinator, and responsible for IT support to end users and related items as outlined below. This is a part-time, hourly, non-exempt position, expected to work at our HQ location Monday through Friday, either mornings or afternoons, about 20 hours per week, with limited local travel (mileage reimbursed) to multiple company locations.
- Configure and maintain laptops, printers, and other computer equipment for all employees and contractors as assigned
- Lead the IT support elements for all new employee onboarding and outgoing employee offboarding activities, including creating and maintaining documentation and audit trails, and coordinating actions with other technical staff as needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer and peripheral problems for end users, including laptop and desktop computers, related accessories, copiers, printers, telephones, and other items
- Maintain Active Directory users and groups, documenting changes to access rights and security groups
- Maintain and troubleshoot issues with wireless network (Ubiquiti) to ensure network security and high availability
- Work with providers of telephony (Polycom UC) and email systems (Office365), including reporting trouble tickets, escalating problems as required, and ensuring high quality support
- Maintain laptop, telephony, and other inventories as needed to ensure equipment locations are known and that equipment is available as needed for end users (both new and replacements)
- Research and install software products on end user equipment as needed and as approved for use in secure corporate environment
- Repair hardware or work with service vendors as necessary to ensure continuity of service
- Perform other duties as assigned to help the Online Tech team achieve its objectives
Required Skills and Background
- Demonstrated experience and success with supporting end users and troubleshooting IT problems
- Proficiency in MS OS and other standard software, with some networking experience desired
- Demonstrated track record of excellence in customer and/or end user support
- Able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds on a regular basis, and ability to stoop, kneel, climb, crouch as part of providing IT and desktop support.
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. lawful permanent residency required
Competitive pay, 401(k), a great work environment, ability to grow into other roles within the company, and other benefits.
We also offer excellent long-term growth potential in a company that promotes heavily from within. We are a privately-held, well-established company (founded in 1994) with an excellent reputation, long-term focus, and value system.