Job Title: Account Manager
Company: Online Tech LLC
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
The managed data center business is expected to grow to $18.5 billion by 2015. Online Tech, Michigan’s largest managed data center operator, is poised to take advantage of significant growth in demand in across the Midwest. Online Tech owns and operates three premium data centers, and focuses on high-availability, compliance, and security. Online Tech helps clients manage their growing IT demand with a full range of solutions from colocation to multi-tenant cloud to private cloud computing in an independently SSAE 16, SOC 2, HIPAA, & PCI compliant environment.
Job Overview: The Account Manager is responsible for coordinating the commercial aspects of our customer relationships, including prospecting for new clients and managing existing clients, pursuing renewals, following up on opportunities, qualifying leads, introducing new products to clients, initiating account review sessions, providing feedback to management on client requirements, developing solutions, initiating quotes, and kicking off the new order deployment with the operations team.
What We’re Looking For: A highly energetic “A” player sales person who creates a win-win environment with excellent people, sales, and technical skills. Our ideal Account Manager will fully engage by contributing great ideas and maintaining the highest standards of accountability and client focus to help us build one of Michigan’s success stories. This is a full-time exempt (salaried) position working in our Ann Arbor office, reporting to the Director of Sales.
- Outbound prospecting for new client opportunities and managing existing clients through phone calls, direct e-mail, seminars, face-to-face meetings, and web-based marketing activities
- Present new products to your assigned account portfolio, understand their requirements, and match their needs to Online Tech’s product offerings
- Manage and qualify incoming sales leads from outbound prospecting and incoming leads
- Develop solutions to meet clients’ needs; present and demonstrate solutions
- Coordinate with Sales Engineering to address customers’ technical sales requirements
- Issue price quotes and close sales orders with new prospects and add-on opportunities
- Track sales metrics and results against goals
- Set up meetings for Online Tech management to meet with clients to understand their requirements and their level of satisfaction with Online Tech’s services
- Perform other duties as required to help the Online Tech team achieve its sales objectives
Required Skills and Background
- At least seven years of experience in outbound technical sales and four-year college degree
- Technical familiarity with servers, networking, and hosting
- Demonstrated track record in meeting or surpassing sales objectives
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills, use of contact databases, and phone skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with demonstrated ability to close sales over the phone
- A strong desire to learn new skills and excel on the job
- Self motivator with strong work ethic with a “can-do” positive attitude
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. lawful permanent residency required
Competitive base salary plus quarterly bonus, 401(k), health insurance, paid time off, and other benefits.