Job Title: Account Executive
Company: Online Tech LLC
Location: Southeast Michigan
Job Overview: Grow the customer base for one of the fastest growing, most highly regarded high tech companies in Southeast Michigan. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for acquiring new customers and expanding existing customer relationships. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales. With a competitive total compensation package that includes both a base salary component and an uncapped commission component, and with a Michigan territory, you can achieve your goals and also be home every night.
Market Overview: The managed data center business is expected to grow to $18.5 billion by 2015. Online Tech, Michigan’s largest managed data center operator, is poised to take advantage of significant growth in demand in across the Midwest.
About Online Tech: Online Tech, one of the fastest-growing high tech companies in Michigan, operates three highly secure SSA-16, SOC2/SOC3, HIPAA, SAS-70 audited data centers in Southeast Michigan. We help our clients manage their growing IT demand with a full range of solutions from colocation to multi-tenant cloud to private cloud computing.
What We’re Looking For: An “A player” highly energetic account executive with excellent people and sales skills who isn’t afraid of hard work and wants to be part of the next big Michigan success story. This is a quota bearing, full time exempt (salaried) position headquartered in Ann Arbor and working across Southeast Michigan, reporting to the Director of Sales.
- Manage the sales opportunity pipeline and close sales to meet or exceed quota goals
- Develop prospective new customers for Online Tech’s managed data center services
- Manage the sales process from outbound prospecting, responding to leads, understanding requirements, presenting and demonstrating solutions, closing the sales order, and delivering the customer requirements with operations
- Match product offers to meet prospects needs, present and demonstrate solutions
- Coordinate with Sales Engineering and Operations to assure that the customer’s technical requirements can be achieved before the order is secured
- Other duties as required to assist the Online Tech sales team in achieving their objectives
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Five to ten years of experience in outside technical sales working with customers and internal technical resources to close deals
- Technical understanding of servers, networking, hosting, co-location, and data centers
- Demonstrated track record in overachieving objectives and ability to close sales
- Proficient in personal computer skills, contact databases, phone skills, face-to-face selling and solution sales
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, and a strong desire to learn new skills
- Self-motivator with strong work ethic with a “can-do” positive attitude
- Desire to be a part of the fast-paced, high-energy entrepreneurial experience
- U.S. citizenship or permanent lawful U.S. residency required
Competitive base salary plus commission, 401k, health insurance, and other benefits.